Translators for Your WinMo …
Pocket Translator 2005 CZGB D R F SP I
Requirements: Windows Mobile 2002/2003/SE/WM5 PocketPc
Overview: Pocket Translator 2005 is an CZGB D R F SP I dictionary made for PDA with Windows platform. Correct pronunciation is also included in this package.
Pocket Translator 2005 is CZGB D R F SP I dictionary made for PDA with Windows platform. It contains also a pronunciation. Dictionary is is well aranged and plain, you can easily find or add a word. The pronunciation is narrated by native speakers.
As a part of the dictionary is a great database that contains examples of words used in sentences. It contains the most used words and words, that are used in conversation and correspondence.
You can easily add new words. With using users database, you can comfortable add new words and translations in the program.
Sections of the words are in the field of translation marked with a color legend.
Pronunciation is recorded by the native speakers. In english, there is a narrated pronunciation and text pronunciation, text pronunciation is writed down in a field with transtation.
You can add your own keyboard in this program, so it is comfortable for you.
Just start to write only few letters and program will find the word in the dictionary. Comfortable user interface.
The application is designed for easy controlling – easy install and use, dont need to read a manual.
If you use Pocket PC (Windows Mobile), you can easily choose between two interfaces – classic interface or “landscape”.
New version of a great english explanatory dictionary. You can find definitions, examples, synonyms, hypernyms, hyponyms, holonyms etc. in Pocket Translator.
* 750 000 semantic pairs
* narrated pronunciation
* text pronunciation
* examples of use
More Info: HERE
Google Translator v1.5 (Freeware)
Requirements: PocketPC 2003(SE), WM5, WM6 – NET CF v3.5
Overview: Google Translator is free online translator using translate.google.com.
– Support for translation in both directions for more than 40 languages, and this list is constantly updated.
– Intuitive interface.
– Supports all screens and all permits.
– The main functions of text editors.
– Localizable interface.
– The choice of font size and style.
– Support for proxy.
– Consumes almost no traffic, because works directly through the google api.
– Added Simplified Chinese and Traditional directions of translation.
– Ability to resize the text fields.
– More functions in the contextual menu.
– Translated text can be saved to a file directly from the program.
w0lf’s Translator v1.1
Overview: Wolf’s Translator uses the Google Translate engine to provide translations.
What’s new in version 1.1:
* Fixed the “Autodetect” label bug
* Fixed character encoding bug (some characters caused the program to throw an exception)
* Moved the “Cancel” menu item over the “Translate” menu item when processing a request
* “Set Default Languages” – saves the current language combination and restores it when application starts
* “Configure Language Set” – if you only want to use 3 or 4 languages yo may select a subset of the languages supported by the application to be shown in the interface
* Copy/Paste feature
* CAB file for easier installation
w0lf’s Translator is a small program I wrote, because I find it useful to be able to translate From/To so many languages at any time and it’s much easier to use on the mobile phone than the web-based version of Google Translate.
In order to run the program, .Net Compact Framework 3.5 has to be installed on the device. (if you don’t have it, just search google for “.NET Compact Framework 3.5 Redistributable”)
Of course, you also need an active Internet Connection.
Currently, the following languages are supported by Google Translate:
* Chinese Simplified
* Chinese Traditional
Please note that the translations are not always very accurate, but if you have a text in a different language you don’t know, it gives you a good idea about what it means in most of the cases.
A nice feature of Google Translate (also present in the application) is the Language Auto Detect feature: you have a text written in I don’t know what language, I tell it to translate to English, for example, and it not only translates it, but also shows the language of the source text (try this by checking the Autodetect FROM Language check box).
A feature that right now is missing, but I’m planning to include in a future version is being allowed to save the favourite language pair, so when you open the program it will automatically select your favourite languages.
This program has been tested so far on a wide variety of Windows Mobile 5/6 devices with VGA/QVGA screens.
Go to the URL shown above, download the .CAB and install.
< CAB file v1.2: wolfTranslator.cab – No serial needed >